Located in stunning Dargo Court in Davenport Village, Leeton Lodge is the perfect place to stay during your trip to Mount Hotham.
We are committed to providing families and individuals a comfortable, friendly and enjoyable place to stay while they enjoy the Alpine Region.
Originating from a group of keen skiing pastoralists, this home away from home has evolved into something that is clean, comfortable, warm, cosy, inviting and a fun place to be. The first meeting of prospective members was held in Leeton on 11th September, 1978. Permission to lease the site given 6th November, 1978. First site allocated December 1978, Second site (present) allocated April 1979. Designed by Trevor Robinson of Freeburgh Design Group; Leeton was built by R & B Builders (Reg Williams & Bardo Serobonya) in 1980. It is a 6 level freestanding building built on concrete floors, originally timber exterior, with metal clad roof, providing 32 bed accommodation, in 10 separate rooms. Extensions were made in 1991 to the kitchen, TV room & lounge. Leeton was clad in colour bond in 2001, fortuitous for the 2003 fires reached the back door. The extended kitchen was replaced in 2006. In 2009 the bedrooms were refurbished and carpet replacement in all areas completed. The shedding room was extended and a new safer galvanised steel entrance built. In 2011 new artwork was purchased and lounges replaced. In 2017 mattresses were replaced, new curtains provided in the TV room and a virtual open fire installed in the lounge.
In 2018 four of the bedrooms were upgraded creating two family rooms and two double rooms each with their own bathroom.
The lodge is situated on the southern side of the main ridge and slightly downhill from the main through road. The Lodge enjoys magnificent views over the Dargo Valley and surrounding mountainside and yet retains a great bonus – you get to ski in and ski out. It is a friendly family lodge, where you provide your own food. Pillows, blankets & doonas are provided. You bring your own linen or during winter you can hire bed linen and a towel from the Caretaker.
The lodge consists of:
- 6 bedrooms with a configuration of either 2 double bunks (4 beds), 1 double bunk (2 beds) or a double bed with a single bunk bed. Each bed room has a vanity unit, hanging space with shelves and hydronic heating fitted with an adjustable thermostat.
- 4 bedrooms with their own bathroom. 2 bedrooms have a double bed and 2 bedrooms have a double bed, double bunk and a single bed.
- Men’s and ladies’ bathrooms with private showers and toilets.
- A small apartment for the Caretaker.
- A double kitchen with hot plate BBQ and individual food storage cupboards for each room. Two refrigerators with individual baskets for each room. Freezers with individual shelves for each room. Commercial dishwasher and instant hot water for beverages. Cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, tea, coffee and a range of sauces, herbs and spices are provided.
- Dining room, which adjoins the kitchen.
- A lounge room with leather lounges that overlooks the Dargo valley through floor to ceiling windows.
- A TV room with Vast Satellite connection and DVD player.
- A shedding room for the storage of skis and boards.
- A drying room for drying clothes and forced air boot dryer.
- A fully equipped laundry.
- A workshop.
- A locked storage area for the long term storage of members supplies.
- A central heating system using hydronic heaters.
- Wireless internet (WiFi).